Sunday, August 29, 2010

Macho and his neutering!

I am back! Howdy everyone!

There are so many things going through my head these few days with Yu Yu's stomach getting bigger and bigger due to her hydrometra.... makes me missing my sleep every now and then. Surfing online doesn't give me much information about it. I am wondering, anyone who had experience it before that could share with me? Also her vet, Dr. Prem is on sick leave, god shake, don't know until when as he is having bypass............praying prayinngg..... for the best for my kids all the time.

Anyway, I am here today to talk about Macho's neuter as I never manage to finish talking about this topic earlier.

Some of you might known by now that my son Macho has been neutered (a process of removing his testicles).


Before his surgery- Looking v sad already


We did his castration as Gasing Veterinary Hospital and was performed by Dr. Adar. I have to say Dr. Adar did quite a good job although it took a bit longer for the whole process and my boy took quite sometime waking up from the anesthetic jab.


Well, mama will keep it with us forever...

Going home was great for Macho until mama found something amiss when his scrotum became swollen and all bruised up after the 3rd day of surgery.

Since I had no problem neutering my other dogs before this, I never expect such incidence to occur on our beloved BB Macho. So I had him on "warm and cold therapy" for the next 3 days making sure the swollen area gets better. Anyway, it took him more than 10 days for it to subside.

I was quite worried at first so I had called Dr. Adar up to make sure everything was alright and also, to make sure I was doing the right thing. Macho must had been running pretty a lot after his surgery that might have caused the intra-scrotal bleeding.



The fun thing about my boy was he was on E-collar for the past 14 days and he was enjoying every minute of it. He was actually having fun playing it scoping up his food..., toys and hiding his head in it. Weird boy I have. But I am a proud mama here.

Let me tell you the obvious changes I find in him after his neutering. I have to say it is a relief that we decided to have him neutered....
1. NO more pee pee on bed, and my stuffs
2. No more stealing my clothes
3. More loving now, sleep with us more
4. No more humping his sister Ah Pui

Cons
1. Heavy tear stain after neutering
2. Cost mama approx. RM220.00 (Neutering, medication and E-Collar)
3. Not allow to mandi (bath) for almost 14 days after surgery..made him the BUSUK king in the house..


Looking sad huh... mama woke him up from his sleep to take his picture :)

Well, that's all on macho. Hope you guys enjoy the photos.

Regards,

1 comment: