Thursday, September 9, 2010

My Review on Ilium Ear Drops by Troy Laboratories Pty

 Today I am writing a review for Ilium Ear Drops on my dogs.

Ilium Ear Drops

ON LABEL
Active Ingredients:
Dichlorphen
Lignocaine HCI
Piperonyl Butoxide
Pyrethrins

Active ingredients against eye mites, bacterial and fungal infection in dogs and cats.

Direction for use:
Instill 4-8 drops in the ear twice daily for 4 to 7 days.

___________________________________________________________________________

Macho and Yu Yu was on Ilium Ear Drops for 5 days. Their ears were used to be always waxy and reddish no matter how many times I have them cleaned up.

For the 5 days, I dropped 3 drops of Ilium ear drop in both of the ears twice daily and then massage it. The result is great, until now, Macho and Yu Yu doesn't get anymore red waxy discharge in their ears and has been sparkling clean ever since and also not to forget.. their ears are no longer itchy too.

However, according to my sister which she tried it on both of her dogs, she told me it just reducing it but not eliminating the problem. But she says the reason might be because she never put the ear drops religiously and only drop the ear drops whenever she was free. So, that might be the reason the ear drop doesn't work well on her dogs.

If you have tried before Ilium ear drops, do feel free to share it with us! ^.^


 Regards,

5 comments:

  1. My black Lab Nini has a yeast and bacterial infection that has been controlled by Mometamx prescribed by the Vet. I was just laid off work and cannot pay for a vet visit to obtain a prescription ( the Vet charges $60 for a 15g bottle. I found Ilium and wondered if it could be a good substitute. Any suggestions?
    Thanks, Sara
    sarpacific@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Anonymous,
    My black labs ears get so inflamed! Recently she scratched her ear so hard she caused a hematoma and had to have surgery. I took her to the Humane Society as they offer low cost vet care and medicine. I have used the drops but you must be consistent. Along with the drops you should flush herears twice daily with a equal mix of peroxide and vinegar.
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How do you flush the ears? Instill some drops and allow the animal to shake it off?

      Delete
  3. I wouldn't trust the peroxide and vinegar. Ears definitely need to be cleaned, better before the drops go in. I read, to use cotton buds in animals' ears is dangerous of penetrating their ear drumbs, so I twirl a tissue & press & wind my best, slowly, while cat is wrapped in a towel across their chest & legs to manage them. I read to use vegetable or olive oil & read that this oil, if left in the ear was bad. So I place a little of oil on a tissue & distribute it and twirl. Then do same with warm water to get oil out. I think it seems to collect a lot of ear mite dirt, which is great if it comes out. The 'squishing' noise is a good noise. You must hear this noise as you move lower ear, between fingers. This movement is to lower drops way down ear canal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was wondering with this being an acidic product, if the ears were already swollen and inflamed, wouldn't this set them on fire?

    ReplyDelete